View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 AM
GladGrams

Dearest Friends,

I want to express my gratitude for the many PMs I have received expressing love and support.

The entire nation is in mourning. There were office workers, passersby and others who were injured or killed at the Parliament offices.

There were people, kids, young adults, adults from every section of the country on that island enjoying the annual summer retreat.

These are NOT right wing fundamentalist (Hitler-type youth) as reported on one Internet site. They are young people who believe in democracy, peace and want to devote their lives to political science and public service.

I hope you have seen the dignified marches with people carrying roses to express sympathy as well as their firm belief in "Love of fellow man, Peace and Democracy" as our answer to such terrorism. A nation in grief whose people do not seek revenge is a rare thing in today's world. In a poll taken by one of the national newspaper 75% of the country continues to reject capitol punishment as the answer to violence.

The Norwegian children have devised their own website where they can share their feelings and talk about what ever they need to discuss through animation.

May I ask for prayer for everyone who has been impacted? There remain parents/families still waiting for word on their loved ones. It is not only the families of the victims who need our prayers, but also the police, rescue service personal and volunteers who all required trauma help. Some are feeling crushed under the aftermath of the burden of dealing with the horror.

I am so proud of my little nation. :thumbup: