Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 AM
gspsplease

I have a friend who drops in for a cuppa each week and is a completely "non-quilt" person. Out of politeness she usually admires what I am working on. The last month it has been a Hidden Wells pattern in blue/purple/green, and at each visit she has commented on how pretty it is; last visit I told her I really didn't love it-- not my colours-- and she said "they really are my colours" "What are you going to do with it?" This week I put her our of her misery and said "It's an early Christmas present for you!" (This had not been my original intention since I knew she didn't like quilts.) Perhaps your relations need to slowly become aware of the incredible range of quilt patterns/colours and click with something that is really to their taste? Could you take some hand binding to do when you visit? or invite them over while you are finishing off a quilt that they might like? You could gauge by their comments/reaction whether they are quilt-worthy or just a lost cause. In which case at least you tried! and there are plenty of others who would appreciate a quilt.