View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Pegleg

I had finally decided on the quilt pattern for my GS to make for Christmas. I had all of the rows made and was in the middle of putting the rows together. Then it happened. The screen on my Designer SE went dark. OK. It has a screen saver on it so I thought it activated. I continued to sew since I would be sewing for some time and would not need to change my stitch. Then hubby comes home from playing golf and thinks he needs to be fed. So I turn everything off and go make him lunch. When I went back to finish sewing I turn on my machine and the screen wouldn't light up. This means I can't see to adjust the needle position. Well I know approximately where this is so I am able to change it and continued to sew. This being Sunday, the shop doesn't open for another hour. I round up all of my necessary paperwork-warranty, receipt showing purchase(the shop where I purchased is no longer a Viking dealer). Call the new shop and head out to take my baby to them. It is about a 45 minute drive. When I got there the tech turned it over and looked at the serial number on the bottom. For whatever reason, it didn't match the warranty card. I remembered that I had a paper showing when I registered it on-line, but that was still at home. Now I was scared that I had registered the wrong number. I left. I drove all the way home. I checked the paper and luckily I had the right number registered. They called on Thursday that it was ready. I was excited to get back to the boys quilts so I soon was on my 45 minute drive. I picked it up and headed home to get busy. WRONG It still wasn't working right. I took it back Friday. Now he has to order a new computer board. Thank God it is still under warranty. Hopefully it won't take too awfully long to get the part and then repaired. I have a week long quilt retreat in August. I guess I will have to work on getting ready for the retreat. Seems like I work harder getting ready for a retreat than I do when I get there!
I'm sorry this was so long but I know you share my pain.