Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 AM
charity-crafter

Most of my family see it as a waste of time. When you can buy cute quilts at the store for a fraction of the costs of a hand made quilt.

Plus you don't have the guilt if you want to change your decor and donate the quilt you bought to Goodwill or use it a drop cloth while painting the house.

My sister is the only one who really appreciates hand made items. That's because she does cross stitch.

My DM made qults for my brothers years back and found 1 in the trunk of the car under his greasy tool and the other brother used it in the garage to lay on when it was working under the car to to keep the engine liquids from staining the concrete.
Mom was heartbroken and never made another quilt again.

I made a couple of photos quilts for the same 2 brothers, using the original style of transfering photocopies of photos. You used "Picure This" transfer medium where you smeared this glue like mixture on the photocopy of the picture, pressed it to the fabric and then 24hr later you soaked it with water to remove the paper backing of the photo. Each photo took along time. Never heard anything about those quilts. Never seen them in either of their homes. I don't visit often so I tend not to remember to ask when I do.