Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 AM
AbbyQuilts

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Thank you for everyone's comments on the 127 spa treatment. I give Billy all the credit for his wonderful tutorials. It has been a long start and stop process but now I am excited to see if I put it back together correctly and be able to make it sew. The good thing was no parts left over. I was worried for about 15 minutes about a couple of extra screws but figured out where they should go.

It is not as good as it looks. The clear coat is very crazed and missing is some areas. That Japan paint is very shining with nothing over it! Some of the decals are silvered a bit. There is lots of chipping down to bare metal around the outer edge of the base. I think I will get some paint to touch that up, at least keep it from rusting again.

Now I have to figure out which cabinet in the garage she came out of and get that cleaned up to match while I search for a donor part. Billy may come to my rescue again!

It didn't sew before because it was mostly froze up. So anything is an improvement. Now to think up a name for her/him.

IF Billy doesn't have that part and you want to try the one off the 27 let me know