View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Gerbie

We have a local radio hot line program M-Sat. and I was listening this morning. A lady called in and said she was moving and had an antique Singer portable for $100.00. DH was listening also at his office and called to see if I had heard the call. I called the lady to inquire and ask about the age, she said it was her grandmothers and in a little black box DING!! DING!!! DING!! Yep it was a FW. I thought well I have one, DH has one but does not sew and do I really need another one for $100.00. Well of course I need another one.
The case isn't it great shape, the machine is not pristine, but in really good shape. Made in 1936, has several unknown attachments and these that I know : Binder, adjustable hemmer, ruffler and cloth guide, zipper foot, buttonhole attachment in orig. box, zigzag attachment in orig. box, original book. I am going to try and post three pictures to show the machine and all attachments. One picture with four attachments by themselves, I need to know if anyone knows that they are. I haven't tried to do a search on them yet, but one looks just like it is for a single hole needle, one mabe be a sork of ruffler, don't know, and one looks similiar to my button attachment on my Bernina.
I hope I can get pics. to go through, will keep trying until I do.

Edge Stitcher, shirring foot, quilting foot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232451[/ATTACH]

Known attachments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232452[/ATTACH]

New Featherweight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232453[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-232445.jpe   attachment-232446.jpe   attachment-232447.jpe