Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 PM
miriam
Power Poster

[quote=shelburn]For PhyllisNM,
The needles for the New Home are in the mail!! Due to the hot weather, it took me longer than usual to visit my LQS. The lady is great! Asked what the machine was, and promptly pulled out a case with drawers with needles for old machines. Wish she had had time to talk. Would have liked to pick her brain.
For everyone else, I love this thread. Can't wait to read it every day.
Wish I could find another treadle machine. Love my New Home 1880's treadle. Am attempting to make a miniquilt on it. Such fun! I am looking for a Singer machine. I have four machines but none of them are Singers. Two are vintage and two are modern (I guess) with plastic cases. I have been bitten by the VB (Vintage Bug) and DH is no help.
He loves fire arms so there is no room for criticism!
I have yard saler friends watching for old machines, but they don't really understand what it is we are looking for.
Thanks to all you people who helped me get the old New Home teadle going. Have become addicted, since I can't trail ride my horse any more. Need another outlet!![/quote

Do you have a preference for a vintage Singer? What do you like so far? Some of us are treadlers and some lean more to electric. Some here have turned the electrics to treadles. What model intrigues you? What do you intend to use it for? Do you just do straight stitch? Do you use the decorative stitches? There are a lot of choices.