Old 05-26-2009, 02:31 PM
peaceandjoy

On my Bernina 153QE, I use some of the decorative stitches that are pre-loaded but have NEVER downloaded any of the other stitches available. Actually, I never even looked at them to see what is available :oops:

The knee lift thing didn't lift my skirt. Old dog, new trick, I guess. I keep thinking I should force myself to use it more so that it will be second nature, as I often hear how great it is, but haven't done that yet, either.

LOVE my 1/4" foot, that is almost always on my machine. Recently did a few bags and had to use the guides on the plate - wow, that took some thought. Although I started w/ garment sewing some 40 years ago (hey, I was a little girl!), I haven't done that in many years, and so haven't used the lines. I have the zipper foot, but put generally put zippers in bags using a regular foot.

Needle down is a must for me. Sometimes use the walking foot, as well as the grid guide. I have somehow gotten my needle threader out of alignment twice now, don't bother having it adjusted any more. So far, I can thread the needle w/out trouble but guess some day I won't be able to and will have to have it fixed.

Embroidery doesn't do a thing for me, so no desire for that. I think I'd like the BSR on the new Berninas, but have no burning desire and not enough $, lol. I've heard many times how much easier that makes FMQ. I can send several tops for quilting, though, for what a new machine would cost, and am not sure I'd like doing it enough anyhow. I don't want to buy a pricey machine to find that I don't like doing what I thought I had to have it for. How do you decide to spend that kind of money if you haven't done it? And if you buy it and don't like it, then what? :shock: