View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Rachelcb80

So I've been thinking on this all afternoon and had pretty much decided that I wanted to add some sparkle to my current WIP. This quilt is for a show this fall. I've quilted, and quilted, and quilted on it but it seems like it needs a little something more still. I mentioned the rhinestones to my husband this evening and he didn't like the idea at all. (What do husbands know, right? :P ) He said, "Who wants scratchy rhinestones on a quilt?!" I told him this quilt was never going to be used and with all the quilting on it already it would be like snuggling with cardboard. He doesn't quite get the whole "quilts for looking at only" deal. He still didn't think rhinestones were a good idea.

So his reaction got me to second guessing my idea (grrr, he always does that), but I'm still thinking I might try it. How many of you have used rhinestones on a quilt? Were you fairly happy with the end product? Did the rhinestones just stick out like a sore thumb, or did they blend well and just add some sparkle?