View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM
JanTx

Fabric: Pink Lemonade Bali Pop by Hoffman - both borders are yardage from that line

Pattern: Jelly Donuts from House of Quilts

Backing and quilting - undecided.

I try not to post a pic until I'm completely through since I used to feel DONE when I was at this stage, but then ended up with a pile of UFOs. Now I have 2 UFOs - not the 15 or so I had collected earlier and I just can't wait to show ya'll how this turned out! (Remember I've been quilting just about a year so if my 15 UFOs didn't impress you just give me some time.)

I was able to purchase this luscious fabric because two ladies that a friend and I agreed to coach through the making of a quilt gave us each cash as a "thank you". We went STRAIGHT to the quilt shop and were lucky we caught no red lights in between!

The pattern: does it make sense to anyone to be told to cut SIX 2 1/2 inch strips WOF for the inner border, but to cut FOUR 6 1/2 inch strips WOF for the outer border and four 2 1/2 inch strips WOF for the binding? Really? Fortunately I had enough fabric to cut SIX strips of each of those. How about calling a cut block a "half block" when it was just ALMOST cut in half? To me "half" is a fraction not a general term. Or saying that I would need 38 main blocks and 6 half blocks when the instructions told you over and over you were making 40 main blocks. (You really needed 32 main blocks, 6 partial blocks, and you ended up with 2 main blocks left over.) ANYWAY... it's beautiful and it's a great way to show off delicious fabrics.

I was laying this out on my "design bed" and though I originally intended to smooth it into place I found that I was petting the poor thing. Yes, it feels good! :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-232681.jpe   attachment-232683.jpe   attachment-232684.jpe