Old 07-28-2011, 04:18 AM
charity-crafter

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
But if they are getting mad at you about it, then... Wow - you seem to run into some very forward and grabby / greedy people. :roll:
Mad was too extreme of an emotion, more like irratated. But yes, I did used to run into some pretty grabby/greedy people.

I worked closer to the city and took public transportation. I would be working on my projects while commuting.

It wasn't people who were my friends, it was mainly the people I rode the bus with. People you see every day ~ 1 hr a day depending on the commute. people you are friendly with but don't really know much more then their first name and roughly where they worked by what bus stop they got off.

I worked at a hospital so I'd bring my dolls into the Pediatric ward to give the kids so I'd have a little baggy of dolls or a couple of lap quilts and that's when I'd get the comments. It's the passing aquaintances who feel the need to make comments.

My co-workers usually stop asking for one when I give them a supply list and tell them to go buy what is needed to make a quilt. My list includes thread and cotton batting.