View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Edie

Hi, and welcome from St. Paul, Minnesota!!!!!

I took care of my neighbor's house, cat and garden while she was in Alaska for a week. She brought me back a gift for taking care of her home. I also love batik and she knows it. She brought me back six fat quarters of batik. On the label it says "A gift from Alaska - The Quilted Raven".

They are absolutely fantastic, lavender, purple, almost black purple; shades of red, red-orange and orange leaves; maple leaves, oak leaves in a blue background with yellow, gold, maroony-reds and shades of green; goldish background with green shaded moose walking on greeny type ground and trees; aqua, purple, orange shaded colors of little Eskimo children (and you have to look close to see that they are children) and a purple and chartreuse swirly fabric. They are absolutely fantastic.

I just tell you this because maybe you are interested in Alaskan batik. It is The Quilted Raven - 650 W. 4th Avenue, Ancorage, Alaska 99501, (907)278-3521.

I am making her a Sampler quilt for Christmas (coverlet) and one of the blocks will be of pieces from each one of the fat quarters.

Just a thought! Edie