View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 AM
charismah
Banned

Well I think like the others you need to find out more info. I would think that is a fair price if you get access to 7 instructors ...and a fair amount of knowledge.
IN my area....A small town in the middle of nowhere which happens to have a GREAT LQS ...we get instructors like Rosalie Dace..that cost was 350$ plus supplies and it is a color theory class...she has come two years in a row so far and her class is always full...and the students always say it was worth every penny. I can't/won't pay 350$ for a class.
We also had Judy Neimeyer (sp?) that class was around 500$ and it was sold out...plus you had to buy your own pattern and materials. You know how expensive her patterns are?....then all the material for PP?? I think that cost those people around 1000$ when all was said and done. The shop did provide lunch, beverages and snacks during the workshops....but the bottom line for me was 1000$ quilt?? I also do my own LAQ>....Most of those people don't do their own LAQ>.so then they have to pay for that on top of everything else..that is one expensive quilt! But every single one of those people in the sold out class were extremely happy they took the class and thought it was a great experience. So in the end I think it is more about the experiences we have than the $$ money we spend ....and in this case they got a beautiful quilt to remember that experience. IF you have the money to spare.