Old 07-28-2011, 07:38 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
This is a craigslist item in Rochester, not the treadle at goodwill. We have been trying to reach the seller by phone, as requested in the ad. So I sent an e-mail to the listed seller. I just got a response. They said to call - and listed a different number than in the ad. So maybe the digits in the phone number got transposed when the ad was placed. It appears to be listed for someone other than the listing person.
Oh... I see. Sorry about the mistake, quilt mom. Glad you got through. Hope that machine makes it home with you.

Re: the comment about the high reserve price. That's interesting. I'll have to remember that if I ever see something listed from that particular GW again. I remember bidding three different times for a Westinghouse gold machine (libertie decals) that I thought I'd like..... but the reserve was never met. It's up for auction again (like the 6th or 7th time now) and now no one is bidding on it. The shipping+packing+'handling' is killer. But..sometimes you can find something good, in a place you can drive too.