View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:20 PM
joy

I have bought, for my 15 year old granddaughter, 10 beautiful materials for a quilt for her, in colours black, tan, cream, brown in varying shadings... with gold layering....I need some ideas for a pattern, if somebody could suggest anything I would appreciate your input... to give you an idea of what I am able to do, so far I have made 8 quilts, the patterns are, railfence, bargello, shooting star, 9 patch with squares with the corners another colour, just can't think of the name at the moment, a baby quilt with squares and quarter triangles, and three quilts with blocks.... just easy stuff.... because the materials could be used in a japanese style quilt I will go into google and see what I can find for japanese quilts.... but in the meantime if anybody has any ideas please...... I saw a lap quilt similar to a rail fence but there was no zig zag going up the quilt as all of the pieces were different but the style was the same... and it was shaded, starting from black in one corner, then grey, then tan, brown, cream, blue... going from right hand corner down the quilt to the left hand corner.... and four circles in different parts of the quilt, they were appliqued on... colour of those was black.... that is all I have come up with at the moment... hoping someone has suggestions for me, thank you very much. My granddaughter deserves something nice like this as she has multiple sclerosis - was diagnosed when she was 14..