View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 04:07 AM
Skeat

Originally Posted by kwhite
LOL. Terri I live in Amish/farm country and I have had to get used to the 4H life philosophy that you eat your pets. It has been very hard at times to see these kids marching around a ring so proud of their animals knowing they will be meat soon. And walk into the steak house and see that it has bought the prize winning animal at the youth fair. You look at your plate wondering if it is Cody's bull!!!

Cute chicks!! We have them popp'n over here too:)And, yes, 4H projects in the making!LOL The pediatrician told me years ago that whatever I was doing I was doing something right for the kids they see are huge along w/shoe sizes they have never seen before. And, they really don't know what is the cause of it. But, told me that my kids were growing at the healthy rate and slow and normal. And whatever I am doing, keep it up!That these kids are maxing out in size at 14! One may not know for many years, but, we do raise our own chickens, crops and cows. All I know are pesticide free and no steriods in my cow:)All things that I do think matters. The first time I cooked a real fresh chicken I thought something was wrong for the grease was yellow!!Who knew that was normal and what it should look like:)LOL That is why we eat our projects...like k, we know what is in them:0)Well, sorta...we do 'free roam' and I really don't want to know everything that is in them:)But, do know it is supp to be that way-SKeat