Thread: fabric
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 AM
patricej
Administrator

i've been collecting fat quarters lately, too, but ... honestly ... i can't wrap my brain around them. i have no idea what i'll do with them. :roll:

if it's expensive, i buy one yard more than the design calls for. (because i don't make little errors ... i make BIG mistakes. since i try to buy from clearance sales, i don't dare take a chance they'll have more if i have to go back. :shock: ) the leftovers can get set aside as "stash" and/or swapped, shared, or given as gifts to fellow quilters.

if it's reasonably priced, and i like it enough to think i might want to use it again, i'll buy 3 or 4 more than the design calls for. (if i'm buying just because i like it, i get at least 3.)

it it's an awesome bargain and i think it'll make a nice backing, too, i get 6 or more.

when something i can afford grabs me by the shoulders and demands it ... i've been known to buy every square inch in stock. (yep. i've got that bad a case of Stashitis. :shock: )

when i'm broke between paychecks ... i just keep movin' and cry. (that's what i get for lookin' in the first place!) :cry: :lol: