View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 AM
zyxquilts

Firstly, I work at a small "Mom & Pop" type Chevrolet dealer. Things have been slow, but seem to be getting a bit better & we were not one of the 1100 GM dealers that got letters about closing.

Yesterday we had a chili cook-off! We had a sign up sheet & it said if you didn't want to make chili, but wanted to eat some, to bring something else to share. Wow! You should have seen all the good stuff!! Our newest salesman made a carrot cake from scratch - even grated the carrots by hand!!

Anyway, 7 of us made chili & boy oh boy did it smell GOOD around here yesterday, with all of the crockpots going! LOL We had the owner's son be our judge. He carefull tasted each one, drinking some water & having some tortilla chips in between. In the end, my friend Juline's chili came in first & mine was a "close" second! :D Woohooo!!! Some of the guys even asked me how I made mine! (I never use a recipe, it's just some of this & some of that - but I told them what I used this time) Since I know how good Juline's is, I am quite happy to be second!

The end of next month we are having our 2nd annual Independence Day Car Show & Craft Fair. If any of you are in the So Calif area & want more info, let me know! My quilt guild will have a booth there & we'll have our current Opportunity Quilt with tickets to sell. :D