View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 11:07 AM
KittyGram

Hi, I'm Kitty Gramma to my grandkids, Becky to almost everyone else! I've been quilting for just a few months, diligently, but for a couple years off and on. I'm hooked!!! I'm currently making a double Irish chain in white-on-white floral, purple w/ blue and green floral, and blue w/ green polka dots. It's for my 5 year old granddaughter. I've been promising her this quilt for about 3 years now, so this is the year it MUST get finished! She even helped me with it a bit this past weekend. Other projects in the works: Squares are cut for my 3 year old g.d.'s flower quilt. It's just a mix of different pinks and greens, and will have a yo-yo flower "bed" across the top; also in the works are two hand work projects, one is needle turned applique (called Applique Affair - my first applique!!), a whimsical one called spinning stars; also in process is an "under the sea" shower curtain for my grandkids. It's machine appliqued fishies and other sea creatures on a medium dark blue background. Also, a heart wall hanging (used gridded fusible for it - love that stuff!!) and a 12" siggy block that was from a retreat I attended in March. I think that covers all the WIPs. Lots more stuff in the planning stages!!!

Oh, and I just joined quiltingboard.com yesterday! I've seen a lot of gorgeous stuff already!! Keep 'em coming, they're giving me ideas!!!!! And I'm in awe of your works!!!