Thread: Adorable
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 04:28 AM
dmyers

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts
Originally Posted by dmyers
Originally Posted by mzzzquilts
Adorable, what pattern did you use for this?
No pattern, used 3.5" strips and did 5 blocks across and 6 blocks down, inner border 1.5", outer border 4.5" total 55" across, because minkee is only 60" wide.
let me know if you need more info.
thanks, i guess i do need some more guidance. approx. how much of the top two fabrics will i need? and also, need info as to how each block is assembled, as i can't get my head wrapped around how just looking at the picture. no hurry, just when you get a chance. pm me if you'd rather do it by email. thanks again.
No problem, but bear with me I may not be good at explaining and if someone who really deals with patterns wants to pipe in, you're more than welcome. So here goes it:

You'll need roughly 28" of each color you'll be using for your inner blocks. Then cut that into 3.5"x wof (40") strips

For the center of the block you would take one color of each fabric and sew, then sew an alternate strip. You'll do this for each color combo. Then cut those into sub cuts of 13-3.5". (You'll need to use one full strip and a partial of another.)

This should measure 9.5", you'll then cut into the remaining strips for 26-9.5" Sew two 9.5" pieces to the sides of the 3.5" cut pieces.

6" fabric for the inner border cut into 1.5" strips
18" fabric for the outer border cut into 4.5" strips

On my previous post I said it was 5 blocks across and 6 blocks down, but it should be 5 and 5. Sorry for the confusion.

I hope this helps. I use my Accuquilt studio so I make my quilts to the dies I have, I'm pretty lazy and don't follow patterns only look at pics! Let me know if you need more info.