View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 05:59 AM
Nancy Ingham

To answer Sitzy and Quilt-till-u-wilt regarding how much zucchini and bread that I use. This is a very old recipe that was given to me from a very dear friend back in the 1960’s that was her grandmothers. As you know in many old recipes they were vague in the quantities used. Most cooked with a pinch of this and handful of that. But let me try to help you: The zucchini as you know vary in size from small to very large. I try to select approximately three small to medium sized zucchini with smooth, unblemished skin. (If you have a kitchen scale you may want to weigh the amount, or if you are purchasing them from a farm stand, they will weigh them for your purchase. However, You don’t need to be exact….I have made this recipe so many times over the years that I eyeball the amounts for a particular casserole dish I may want to use. I use 3 slices of bread, (you can use up your heels of bread or slightly stale bread as long as it is still good, of course) and again it depends on the size of your casserole dish as you want the buttered/garlic bread cubes to cover the top of your casserole dish. This recipe is very forgiving and easy to make and the reward is well worth it, so give it a try!
I hope that I have helped with your questions. Enjoy!

Nancy