View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM
thepolyparrot

Debbie, that's beautiful! I have the twin of this 27 with "Tiffany" or "gingerbread" decals, though your decals appear to be in better condition than mine.

It looks like you have three slightly different kinds of rufflers across the top - the one on the far right appears to be one of the oldest ones that would have originally come with the 27 and it requires the use of a shirring plate.

On the next row, I think you have an early buttonholer, an underbraider and a shirring plate, then the plates that probably came with the 27 originally. You have a variety of hemmer attachments and I think it may have the "host" hemmer foot there near the quilting bar, but I can't tell for sure.

You have the quilting foot with guide, a narrow hemmer, an elastic puller, a cloth guide and a bias cutting guide that goes on your scissors.

It also looks like you have an interesting little embroidery foot near the clamp on the quilting bar - if so, it will clip onto the toe of the normal foot and feed cord into place to be stitched down.

This is a pdf of the attachments in their "puzzle box" from 1890 - a little earlier than your machine, but some of the attachments will work the same as shown. :)

Singer Attachment Style No. 3 in the puzzle box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233289[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-233283.pdf (1.64 MB, 345 views)