View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:53 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by Bennett
Received a new toy last night, a Greist zigzagger for low-shank, straight stitch machines. I have no instruction book, so I am going on what I found online as to the operation. (If there is one out there, I'd love a copy).

I did have some problems with "tunneling" of the fabric (2 layers of cotton material) that I can't quite figure out, but otherwise it was pretty simple to use. I tried it on 2 pieces of fabric and batting, and this problem resolved.

It attaches directly to the presser bar and hooks around the needle screw (?) just like my modern walking foot. It moves the fabric back and forth to make the zigzag patterns.

It came with 6 cams for different patterns. These attach to the machine with a little snap holder on one side. (Literally is a little black snap, like on clothing). These can be changed without removing the whole thing. The zigzag width is adjustable. You can also disengage the cam and do straight stitch if needed.
Hmmm... I just received one from the person I bought a 301 from recently. However, I haven't even opened the b ox. Now you have made me curious. :shock: :?: