View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 03:04 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by ladypetite
Hi fellow Okies! I am Sandy from Ponca City. Found the QuiltingBoard about 5 weeks ago and have been a regular follower daily ever since. I have not made a quilt....as yet, unless you count outline stitching by hand on pre-printed fabric through batting and backing on a doll quilt, baby quilt and lap quilt. But....my sister, who has been quilting for years is going to show me how now that we are both retired.

Soooooo....although we will not start the 'lessons' until this Fall I have been buying fabric like crazy! I blame my sister for this. I have always LOVED fabric and knew that once I started I might become a danger to my available space.

I have been a Crafter since the early 80's and have done a variety of crafts commercially; silk and dried flower arranging, jewelry designing, tole painting, wood crafting and decoupodge. Most of my work was sold at craft shows and boutique gift shops. Somehow, although my Grandmother, Mother and Sister were all quilters.....I danced to the beat of a different drummer at the time.

Sandy from Ponca City
welcome Sandy...are in the PC guild?