View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:30 PM
tellabella

I found 2 dining room servers at a liquidation place, took off the feet and they are perfect height...for me...I am only 5 feet tall...

I acquired an old conference table..took off the feet and just plunked it on top..no need to secure down as it weighs a ton...and so it ends up being 34 inches...at first it seemed so tall but now I love it....

I did a little reading about what height to have before getting mine because for years i used my kids' ping pong table and it was about 30 inches high...my back would be killing me and so I decided I had to replace it...I read something that said ago good height is an inch or 2 lower than you elbow..when you bend your arm...that way you will never bump your elbows into it..and you should bea able to reach to the centre...mine is 60 inches wide which is perfect for my decorator fabrics at 54 inches...and the length is 90 long..perfect for drapery, which i do a lot of...the picture below is the 2 servers put together without the top I added...they are 60 inches long and 20 inches wide...I have separated them now and so use the space in between for storing...and the drawers are a bonus...

2 Dining Room Servers back to back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233572[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233566.jpe