Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Mplsgirl

Originally Posted by b.zang
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by elliemay
'' Proposed site for tiles' this caused great humour to friends and embarrassment for hub.. needless to say within a week I had my tiles on!!!
My DH has no embarrassment gene. His answer (with a smile): I'm a guy - what do you expect? Since he has other wonderful qualities, I usually let him slide. That's why
- balcony has no banister
- kitchen remodel outside wall has no siding
- new window in dining room has no tape/texture on wallboard
- house has no baseboards
- yard has no grass
- and on
- and on

I just feel sorry for the neighbors (but then again, they moved in AFTER us.)
I had to read the plumbing story to my DH because it was so close to our experience. Nothing ever fits.

But, what really got me, Martine, is the feeling of relating exactly to your house. My DH built this house beginning with a simple cabin in mind and adding on as inspiration and $$ hit. When we married, he lifted it and put a basement under. NOTHING is finished. NO siding, NO baseboards, NO trim around most windows, NO finished walls in the bathroom. Here's the clincher - DH made his living for years by custom building cabinets. My friends live in houses with beautiful kitchens that he has built. I have minimal kitchen cabinets and he spends all day building longbows :!:
Wow! My DH (from the story) is a bowhunter and rather than do the dining room we still need done, he rebuilds gun stocks for skeet and trap shooters and is a referee for skeet shoots. My husband would love to talk to yours. Pam