Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 AM
LindaR

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Double Post, Sorry!!

Texas Jan
Wow Texas Jan, I am always surprised to see what shows up when these old machines start to shed the gunk! She is going to be very purrrrty!

Nancy
This one has been the most stubborn one about shedding her gunk. She will never be a beauty, but at least she IS gonna be CLEAN .

Texas Jan
Is that the same machine is both sets of pictures :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I kept scrolling up and down to look at the differences and WOWZA!! Did you use a kerosene soak to do that amount of cleaning??? I have a brown lotus model 66 that looks as if someone put a blackish-goopy stain over the whole thing. I was able to get the goop off of the little serial number plate (it was so-o-o thick that I could not even see even the slightest indent of the numbers) so that I could date the machine but I would love to get the goop off of the rest of the machine.
my lotus looked like this when I got it...took alot of scrubbing with kerosene but the decals did come thru undamaged...the ones on the back (where the machine laid in the cabinet) were completely covered with goop. Such fun watching them come thru...