View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 11:32 AM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by Yooper32
I will surely buy enough, if,(big IF) there is someone available to cut it and I don't have to stand and ring the tiny bell for half an hour. Right now, our craft section is in one corner of the store and the fabric is in the opposing corner of the store,..like front to back. That has always been Walmarts problem and when they stated that it was not cost effective to have to have a paid person to cut the fabric and also the space that was taken up with fabric was not cost effective. What they failed to factor in was the fact that it would pay for the space and worker hours if, (BIG IF) there was always someone readily availabe to cut the fabric you wanted.
Ditto. I can't tell you how many times I had a pile of fabric that I left and walked away from because no one would come and cut it. It doesn't look like the one here in VA is going to get it back. Don't even see too many people in the craft department. So the demographics are not here. Thats ok there is Hancock , Joann's , LQS all within driving distance if I get back to buying things.