Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well Monica, and everyone else. I have tried e-mailing and calling this guy on this Hitachi, but no response. I will try again this morning.

This machine appears to be a treadle Hitachi, which I have never seen. I want to take a look at the machine or at least ask some questions about it. Has anyone on here seen a Hitachi treadle? Or does anyone have one of these machines? It looks very interesting.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/hsh/2517149361.html

Nancy
I figured you had never seen one either. Hopefully it is still available, but I bet there are others out there that may have seen this post too.
I also had a question on the sewing machine so I e-mail him. I have not gotten any response. Kathie
My husband says he wouldn't go with the Hitachi unless it was free. He would go after a vintage Brother, vintage Juki, or vintage Janome, but not the Hitachi. He is reading over my shoulder now...He saw the Kenmore that was posted the other night and said it reminds him of a Airbus 838...heehee. I got my daughter sewing with Singer 401 and loving the machine, and my husband wanting to see all the vintage finds for the day.
Well Monica, I finally got a hold of the owner of the Hitachi. She says her boyfriend got it with a storage unit he bought. They know nothing about it and can't find anything on the internet about it either. I believe them, as I can't find a thing about a treadle Hitachi either - not even on E-bay, which means this is a very rare machine. I can't even find a history for the Hitachi company? I am going to look at it (I will probably buy it, just because it is extremely rare!). She has bobbins and needles and says it does not have a motor at all! Interesting isn't it? It is fun to own something really odd, even if your DH says no!

Nancy
I've seen this machine with many badges on it. I think Necchi sold these as clones to different folks who put their own label on it. So, I don't believe it to be a rare machine at all. Though, if Necchi made it, it's sure to be a very reliable and wonderful machine. If you buy it, but it for that not because it's rare. Because these are out there on the market with lots of different names on them.