Old 07-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Ellen

and I don't have anyone else to crow with. There were no machines out and I asked the lady if she had any sewing machines lurking in the background and she said she had 2. One was for Home Ec and the other was an old one her mother bought after her brother was born. Her brother went in the house and found it, brought it out and undid the latch on the case and there it was.....in all it's beauty. A LBOW (light brown/off white) 301A Singer. I almost fainted in the driveway. She didn't know what to charge for it and she and her brother asked what I'd be willing to pay (I really felt bad about doing this) and I said "How about $20?" and she said "$25?" and I mulled that for about 30 seconds and said "OK" and paid up. It's perfect...everything is in great shape, case doesn't stink, and has attachments.
I was yard/estate saling alone and all my friends are doing other things today away from home....Oh my, how dare they? I needed to crow. Got home and told the DH I found a machine worth a lot of money...he looked at me and said "How much????" and I said $25 and he cracked up. Like I need another machine....NOT.