View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 04:38 PM
lallyann

My daughter and I are members of our local quilt guild. They had a summer picnic with a theme of Fruit Salad. One of the things they asked us to do is make a square with a fruit applique and then bring some of that fruit to add to the salad for all to enjoy. Everyone would vote for their favorite square and then the winner got all of the fruit squares. My youngest daughter is too young to be an official member of the guild but she made a square too. We did not win, but I thought we did a very good job considering none of us have done very much applique. It was really fun coming up with our fruit and then designing our squares. Here they are:

My 10 year old's blueberry square. I love the patriotic fabrics! Makes it look very summery!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233964[/ATTACH]

My 14 year old daughter's apple square. I think it looks yummy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233965[/ATTACH]

My pineapple square. I cut all the little sections and sewed around them all raw-edge style. I really liked how it turned out. Sorry my pics aren't the best. I took these with my cell phone.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233966[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233958.jpe   attachment-233959.jpe   attachment-233960.jpe