Old 07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Phyllis nm

Featherweight smell
I removed the smell of rotten meat from a refrigerator that was turned off, of an apartment we moved into with fish tank charcoal. It is the only thing that worked, and I tried every thing from every one. [most are trashed because of the smell.]
If you want to kill the spores from the horse glue that was applied to the inside to hold the lining in place try this. Take the lining out, wash the inside with peroxide [it kills the germs in the back of the ambulance after a run, and it is cheap] let it dry in the sun. Then glue it back in. I would replace the lining also. Then make a small sack like an old tobacco bag fill with charcoal and leave it inside. If you live in a humid area, make another bag with rice in it. The rice will adsorb the moister. Both bags need to be able to “breath” to work, make out of a loose weave cotton fabric. You can also replace the oil pad with craft felt.

pure citrus orange air freshener for glue removal
Lowes employees told my son they tried every thing in the store to remove sticker and tape glue. This is the best they found. Spray it on and leave it for a few minutes. Then wipe it off, but you have to “let it work its thing”. I used it on a FW table to remove a long time sticker after removing the top of the sticker. I also removed gum from the leg of my pants with it, took it all off. You better like the orange smell, use sparely.