View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by saf
Can't wait to find the answer to this. I suffer from the same affliction....even reading a book....may not be enjoying it but can't start another until I finish it....you would think that by the time we reach our age (60+) we would be able to make our own rules. Go on I dare you....... :lol:
:lol: Oh, this just cracks me up because it really rings a bell with me. I also tend to start things anew before I finish a project. I also start another book before I finish one that I'm reading. But here's the twist: I feel guilty because I DON'T FEEL GUILTY! I see friends around me who are of the notion that something must be finished before starting another thing. When I speak to them about my multi-"in progress" projects, it just disturbs them to no end. They will say,"How can you keep track of it all?" or they'll say, "I like to finish what I start before I start something new." Inwardly I will think, "How boring." I'm almost 71 (this month) and my attention span is almost like the first graders that I taught for so many years. :wink: It's my life, it's my house, it's my project. I feel I can do as I please.

And-- if I am having a sleepless night (perhaps my afternoon nap was over-extended), why should I toss around trying to fall asleep. I get up and work on one of those projects. I'll sleep whenever I get sleepy. Do I sound like a basket case? Perhaps, but I really am having fun and I'm definitely not bored.