View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 AM
debbieumphress

Originally Posted by charismah
Well I have quite a stash myself...I worked at my LQS for a couple of years and I just bought yardage of all the lines that came in that I liked.
The problem with me is this:

1. I either don't want to cut into those sets because they are a set all from the same line....or because they are now unavailable...so if I use them I won't have any left (What a hoarder!)...so I need to save them for something *special*...This is crazy talk!

2. If I have it in my stash and I "LOVE" it.....if my LQS still has it I will leave it in my stash and go buy more. See how crazy I am?

3. My stash is so big ...I don't want to go searching thorugh it to find just what I need...so I go buy more.
OR
I find that my stash is all the same colors becuase I buy what I am attracted to...and most of it doesn't work

4. Those beautiful lines of fabric that I buy......I think I have hardly made a quilt only using one line of fabric ( maybe a jelly roll quilt or something)....because why?? I think because it's so matchy-matchy and I always have to have something to break it up.

So I am tying to think about dwindling the stash down by using it! In reality...isn't there always going to be something pretty that comes out that I will fall in love with all over again?
Probably. So I just need to use it and enjoy it until something else catches my eye.....
I signed up for a Judy Niemeyer class.....I am making her pattern called "Japanese Fan".....I pulled everything out of my stash to make it.... can tell you now..my quilt will look nothing like the picture...and I doubt anyone in the class will have something similiar to what I am making. But I am making myself stick to this plan. :thumbup:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OMGosh. I am laughing still. Love your point of view and attitude. I have some I won't use because it is in a Collectors stash like Mark Lipinski, Kaffe, Mckenna Ryan, Betty Boop, etc. And a stash of batiks with fish and deer and other animals. So I still have fun things in my little stash. Thanks for sharing. Still gigling here.
Remember the Sable club...Stash accumulating Beyond Life Expectancy. :roll: