View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 AM
sewmom

We had a stray male and I took him in for shots and worming. My vet actually said he was ready for neutering at what we figured about 4 q
1/2 months . He was a big boy that ended up being a good 20 lbs. I'm sorry if I sounded kind of judgmental in my earlier post-I didn't mean to. I think there are different schools of thought on this subject so it's probably best to go with what your vet decides. The earlier point about people not bringing backmtheir adopted pets for fixing is a very valid reason-one I had not heard. Could be why the one I talked to did it that young. This is kind of a touchy thing for me as my DD had a cat taken in to be fixed. He was just under a year old(was a stray so not sure) and through neglect(again not proven, just my thoughts) he died before surgery. She was heartbroken and the vet was kind of rude I thought. She (the vet) started talking To DD about getting another cat, etc. And the other one was barely cold! And she kept talking to me, not my daughter. Anyway the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I have never liked that vet. The HS works with her for reduced fixing of pets which is why DD had gone there. Ok vent over. It still bugs me and it's been over a year now.