View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:59 AM
teacherbailey

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Inside we have Kiki, who showed up in our backyard about 16 years ago as a kitten (and now has chronic liver failure), and O'Malley, who showed up a few years ago as an adult - and found his way inside after our Maggie passed away from cancer (she was also a stray who had multiple bb's in her - an abused past).

Outside, we have two wild cats that we feed - Scruff, a mangy black longhair with a mouth (he's very demanding when he's hungry - but will not let himself be touched), and a large black & white cat we call Mugsy - who appears to be deaf and freaks when she realizes that we're about a foot away from her.

Depends on your vet....usually the earlier the better BUT it varies throughout the country.

Now, as of a couple of weeks ago, it seems we have a pair of kittens. Pretty wild, although with work we were just able to pet each of them - enough to find out that we have a male and a female. *sigh* I do love animals, but I wish others did as well - I'm sure these were dropped off. I do not want more kittens roaming around, so we will need to take them to be "fixed". It's been so many years though since we've had a kitten though - can someone remind me of how old they need to be to have this done? I guess I don't know exactly how old they are now... not newborn by any means, but not adolescent either. (and the male has already been in a scrape, so he will probably need antibiotics as well, plus they both look like they need deworming....) How do they know which house has the softy in it?!