Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by nickylsf
I had to go to a neighboring town yesterday for a medical screening, so checked the local Craigslist before going. Look what I found, and had time to pick up before my appointment? They were asking $250 and took $150. It is so pretty and feels so solid! It was frozen when I first started working on it, but I oiled it and it started running very smoothly.

I am having a bit of trouble with the tension, it sews good stitches with the top at 7 and I want it to be at 4. I have fiddled with the bottom tension but need to work on it some more. Intermittently the top thread is too loose, with loops on the back. Maybe 7 is okay on the top, just seems high.

I can't wait to piece something with it!
Good deal, Nicky!! It looks just like my 301! The tensioner on these seems to be a typical issue...mine is dialed all the way down to 0, and it's still a little tight. My DH needs to take it apart and re-install it. We had to put a whole new one on, because the original one had a spring that was DOA. But I just LOVE my little Miss Ida....she stitches like a banshee!!! LOL