Old 05-28-2009, 10:29 PM
omak

:lol: I'm baaaack!
The boy! I remembered your boy! and had to stroll back through.
What an inspiring picture that is. And, he really looks like he was into it, too!

I keep telling our boy .... men are good at this. It is an angle thing. Men love angles. It is a number game. Men are good at numbers. Real men LOVE numbers. It is a man thing - - men are GREAT quilters.
I was on my regular propaganda thing one day, and he was really starting to pay attention ... then he said, but I can't do those squiggly things on a quilt like you do ...
REAL men don't do squiggles, says I ... REAL men like numbers, angles, and they have an understanding of machines that makes it all natural. Your quilting doesn't have to look like mine. Men make GREAT quilters.
A few minutes went by:
He comes back to the quilt frame, and he says: Wait a minute! Just why is it exactly you are doing this quilting process?
I KNEW that REAL men ask questions, and I commended him on such an inquiring mind ...
I explained the process, and what I was trying to accomplish, and he says: Oh! In other words, you aren't really trying to decorate the quilt, you are doing something practical.
YES!!! I am doing something practical .... REAL men LOVE practical! YESSS!!! (keep in mind, he was almost fifteen while we are having this discussion a few months ago) ...
Oh! he says so nonchalantly ... I can do that!
Cool!
then, I met his mother in the next room, tapping her little short foot .... MOM ... you have got to stop doing that!
what? I ask in all innocence
You make me so mad when you do things like that - -trying to convince him of something that isnt' gender specific ... why do you do that????

Because I am a girl, my eyes are brown, and I can spell every word I said ... gender specific ... PHHHT! what happened to saying whatever it takes to get the job done???