View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 AM
barnbum

quiltswithdogs--I read the book! I had read a review that gave the ending away, but I felt myself getting sad...so I'd read it at the kitchen table in the middle of the day rather than at night--and it made no difference--I sobbed. My son and his girlfriend watched the movie and they both cried.

Joan--she has been to the vet. We took her because she was urinating on a green carpet--and never giving us an indication she had to go out. This was when it was cold--so March? She'd whine, and since I'm a light sleeper--I was getting up every night with her. That was the only time she acted like a puppy--greeting me when I came down at 3-4 AM. We ran everything by the vet then--the vet could see for herself how she was, as we had to gently push her where she had to go there. Her urine did show some crystal development, so they gave her meds for that. She said sometimes when older dogs are given anesthesia--they flip a switch. You see--she didn't come out of it like they thought when the tooth was pulled--we had to get her the next day because they wanted to keep her overnight. So--that's the main issue here. She was a perky babe before that tooth incident. It's so sad..... I want to blame the vet, but I guess these things happen.

When it's cold or too rainy, we carry her in to the back room--they have a foam mattress to sleep on with lots of pillows. They have a neat room filled with straw on the back of the house--but she won't go into it unless carried...and she'll walk back to her favorite spot. When she was in the house a few weeks ago--and had peed twice in the night--we captured urine (took two days!) and took it in because I was thinking the crystals were back, but they said all was well.

Mark's tried hamburg from the grill--nope. We've tried broth...nope. The other dog eats everything! I will try baby food when I need another idea...