View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 03:29 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

a table- just her size is a big help too- when my granddaugters learned to sew everything was set up to fit them...made it much easier- and i did not critisize at all- if they were happy with it- i was happy with it- the first projects certainly were a bit rough (in my mind) but they were very happy and proud with their accomplishments and years later still have and proudly show off their very first sewing projects (the youngest made her daddy a quilt when she was 4- she layed it out did every stitch of sewing- cut with little safety scissors---some of those seams are 2" wide! didn't matter- it all went together---and went to iraq---so her daddy wouldn't forget her while he was gone)the only thing i ever do for the girls is---they are not allowed to use the rotory cutters---or the iron- so most of the time they cut with scissors once in a while one of them will ask me to cut something with the cutter- and if they want anything pressed they ask me---beyond that they do it all themselves- the oldest 2 have really become quite proficient- design purses for all their friends- and make all kinds of stuff- the youngest- she likes to play in fabric and buttons---and what ever.
all 3 girls learned to sew on a brother machine with speed control- sitting at a kids table so they could reach every thing easily.