Old 07-31-2011, 05:19 PM
chris_quilts

Update on the W&W CL's machine: Yes, I went and looked and bought both the W&W (#9) and the White Rotary. Cabinet for the W&W is rough as in missing both drawers but had the coffin top and the belt was intact so I could play with it a little. The White Rotary is in good shape but the treadle pedal didn't move very freely. I could get it to move down but not back up again. Maybe rust and neglect or just needing some oiling or all 3. I also got attachments for the White and maybe for the W&W but I don't honestly know about the 2nd box of attachments. She also had a 3rd machine - a vintage Kenmore in a lovely cabinet. It came with bobbins (lots), attachments and a button holer. Yes, that one followed me home too. Paid $20 apiece for the machines. Now to get them into the house and perhaps somewhat hidden before DH and DD's get home. I will post pictures when I get them out of the van and try to get serial #s and such for all of them. As usual, none came with a manual but got a lot of old buttons and spools of thread so it's an even trade. The lady was just happy they were going to someone who would appreciate them. I cannot believe I was the only caller about them. ~ Chris

Update: Got them into the garage but need to tell DH about them before he finds them and wonders why I needed 3 more machines. I do have the vintage affliction but don't want the cure (if it exists.) Also, the house is being cleaned out and included a storage shed so if any more sewing items are found, I am the 1st one to be called.