View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 AM
omak

Originally Posted by gaigai
Kwhite, you fiend you!!! I almost snorted soda out my nose when I saw that fabric. Now mind you, I'm a nurse and tend to see shapes of body parts. Take a closer look. :shock: I am still ROTFLMAO.
What do you mean????? Take a closer look .... my eye! LOL I can't imagine the amount of brain dead one would have to be to MISS the ... dare I say "point"? LOL

Okay, now that I have calmed down a bit, I have a suggestion for your "ugly" fabric ... leave it to omak to fix things <g> ...
cut it all up into two inch squares and throw it into a scrap quilt.
Just to prove my point! I used to shop at Anna Lena's JUST because of her marvelous grab bag scraps ... I forget now what she called them, but there was always more than two yards of fabric in each package, and I usually was quite inspired with one of those - - why can I not remember what she called them???
Anyway, I do not do endangered species, and I could not for the life of me think of where I could put the hawaiin bathing beauties ... and, then my two inch square idea hit .... so, I cut it all up into two inch squares (or, it might have been two and a half inches) and started plugging them in to different scrap quilts. And, only because I KNEW what I was seeing <g> could anyone ever figure out that "that" was an elbow ... "this" was the lovely curve of a hip I never owned ... and, over "here" ... well, that was the uh ... top of the swimming suit. Other than that, they just looked like blobs of color.
So! I was so proud of my "solution" ... and was watching Simply QUilts and the guest mentioned the idea of cutting into squares. I kid you not! He had cut up the same fabric I have been trying to disappear for five years! .... I figure if a "pro" does it, I had a winning solution ... and, I didn't need to feel bad because I didn't like the bathing beauties.
It has now been ten years, and I am STILL finding those silly squares, and I can STILL identify the parts! LOL

Are we all having fun yet? <g> :shock: <---- that says it represents shock, but I think it looks more like an innocent look. :wink: