Thread: Bad timing!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 PM
CloverPatch

My roofer, who has been my roofer for 5 years, wanted to help me out. So he sent his nephew, a mechanic, to get my fancy paperweight working.
They all drove down about 2 weeks ago, spent the afternoon on my car, got it running. Well, it is still having a problem, so the nephew came back down today. I knew he lived in Kentucky, but found out he is in Hopkinsville, that is over a 30 min drive just to look at my car. He brought his 5 yr old daughter, said he needed the machines at the shop and asked me to bring it in. Which I can do, drop it off.. No, I don't have a way back home. So he offered to come back tonight. Pick it up, and bring it back.
He did come back and pick it up. Packed up his family a 6 month old, a toddler and the 5 yr old! I want to thank him for being so kind, so since I just found out he has a baby boy around 6 months old, my first thought was a baby quilt, or lap quilt.
Now here is the bad timing! I finished sewing a line, and pulled to quickly, or somthing. grabbed the fabric out before it finished the stitch I don't know. but now it won't sew. Tension is WAY off, and just keep screaming at me that the safty has been activated.
The only baby quilt I have on hand is girly.
I just wanted to vent. I want to repay his familys kindness and I can't even do that. I hate feeling so helpless/useless!

On my old Singer this wouldn't be a problem I can fix that one!

Oh the machine is a baby lock ellure plus.