Old 05-29-2009, 10:13 AM
omak

The other concept you are dealing with is what was mentioned slightly early on ... the angle that the foot pedal sits on the floor.
I do not put my whole foot on the pedal (sometimes, I can be such a priss!) ... and, the pedal just scoots out of the way because of the angle of my foot.
To keep the pedal from sliding, not only do you want to put that rubber stuff on your floor, you need to tip the pedal up on the away side in order to more evenly distribute the pressure you are putting on it.
And, yes ... googone should take your glue off (forget who asked that question)
back to the angle thing ... in order to put the pedal at an angle that works in your favor, you want to lift the away side up to an inch or more off the floor ... it will tip the weight of the pedal back toward you, giving you more leverage over the slide.
If you have a piece of wood lying around, glue your non skid stuff to the wood, then put the wood down, with the pedal leaning back toward yourself ... it might take some fiddling to get the angle correct in order to use the pedal ... I have one machine where the foot pedal weighs a ton, is the same size as the ones you all probably have ... and the "GO" button (I kid you not!) isn't even a half of the size of the width of the pedal ... and the silly thing STILL slides ...
hope this helps <g> have a quilty day <wave>