View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 AM
WMUTeach

Bless you teachers. I was one of you and for years cherished the summer months. I taught students from age 3 years to fourth grade. August is early to start but... lucky Michigan folk, classes are not allowed to start until after Labor Day by law. The down side to the later start is students often are in the classroom until mid June and it is HOT and most schools don't have air conditioning. Cranky kiddos! (Sometimes teachers too!)

I teach university classes now and start in a few weeks. Like any teacher I am up to my neck with planning, planning, planning. No more or less work than kindergarten, just taller students. I am quilting like a mad lady these last few weeks because I know when September begins, I will have to clean up the sewing room and look forward to week-end only quilt adventures. I too come home at the end of the day and fall on my couch or big chair exhausted. Working with a couple of hundred college students can be like herding cats. I really like my work, but it is that, work. Quilt on teachers and the Christmas holiday break is only 5 months away! Tee-Hee