Old 08-01-2011, 05:21 AM
deplaylady

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Wow! Lots happening here! It's fun to hear about all the wonderful machines being saved.

I have an update - finally - on the treadle listed on Rochester NY craigslist last week. When my sistere finally got hold of the seller, the lady said it had been sold just that morning, and that she could have sold 10 of the machines.

Thanks to the individual with the explanation about the machine boss. I learn something new every day here.

I have discovered that my local sewing machine repairman is now selling off his (and his father's) collection of machines. He also has a couple of collectors who are selling through his shop. There are some that I am considering, but my DH always talks about the limited space in the house, etc., and do I really need it. He finally conceded to the treadle because we do experience power outages, and his mother sewed on a treadle. But more?! How could I even think of it?!

Ah, well. The bug, once it bites, is hard to get rid of.
My DH now loves my treadle machine. It's displayed in the dining room and he thinks it's really cool. He has told me more than a few times how nice it looks and how cool it is. He even helped replace the chandelier in that room (it needed that update, it was over 20 years old) to something that would look better with the treadle. Too bad I don't have room for more of them. I like the idea of shrinking the machines to fit more!