View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Sienna's GiGi

As you all know I didn't know how to use a sewing machine until last August. Long story short I took to quilting like a kid in a candy store. My hubby brought me a sewing machine from Sears about 5 years ago for Xmas and it was all of $89. He didn't think I was serious and I didn't learn how to thread a bobbin until last year so it was a little bit of money well spent. I brought a Singer Confidence and had it sent to Afghanistan to have a second machine. The Kenmore quit on me and I tried to revive it by letting the maintenance section look at it. Its dead. Meanwhile I had been using the Singer and as I got more proficient I noticed that it does not sew as smooth as the Kenmore did and I paid what I thought quite a bit for it. (I had no idea these things could cost more than a nice new car.) Well I informed my husband that I needed a new second machine and this was his response: "Well, since you are serious about this sewing and quilting I am going to get you a very nice expensive machine that is going to last some years and be reliable so you can do what you enjoy what you doing without any major worries but you have to wait until you get home to get it becasue I don't know what I am looking for." I love him! Is he a keeper or what? More importantly, what kind of machine should I get??? Board members I need your help!