View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:18 AM
SandyinZ4

I decided to try the Turning Twenty Again pattern since I had quite a few FQ's saved up and it looked like something that would be quick and easy. I laid them out to iron them and discovered that some of them had gone on a diet while they were sitting in the shelf. I cut them out per the directions and then added 4 more pieces from my stash to fill in the blocks that were missing from the cutting pattern. The pattern said to put them to gether randomly but I just couldn't do it. I didn't know I was so picky but I had to lay them all out on the floor to make sure it looked good. Then I began sewing. When I was finished, I noticed that I had only put two pieces the same next to each other so I can live with that.
Now I have to decide what to do for the border. I learned that I should have read the pattern better and plan for a border when choosing fabrics. Since I used up all my co-ordinating fabrics for the top, now I have to buy something for the outside border. I am thinking a warm brown skinny and then a wider outer autumny print??? Or should I go with a solid or a brick walk pattern? I am open for suggestions. One thing I am not good at is putting colors together which is why I seem to go for the scrappy look.

Turning 20...23 -24
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234801[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-234795.jpe