View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:56 PM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by butterflywing
my husband and i originally come from brooklyn, new york, and my son now lives there although he was born in queens. my duaghter was born in brooklyn.

my best friend lives in nassau county (lawrence), ny. and my dh's cousin also lives in nassau county.

i have family upstate in saugerties, new york, near kingston,

i have no family in argentina. i once told you, i only got as far as new jersey. you got all the way to argentina.

how did you do that and where did you begin?
Sorry Elle for hijacking this thread but that was how we met right??
Anyway Butterflywing and Joanne: I was born in Washington, DC and my family has been in america almost since the Mayflower. Lived in Long Island, NY from the time I was 4 years old until I left for Argentina. Until I met my 2nd DH the farthest I had ever been was Puerto Rico that was my honeymoon with the first husband. We never went outside the NY, NJ area after that. My DH was born in Argentina, all his family and children are here and he always said he would like to retire here and as it happens we did that. He says he has made me a world traveler. He is right, I now speak spanish, travel from here to FL and NY once a year, usually by myself. Before I met him I had a very sheltered life. I am the better for it in many ways.