Old 08-01-2011, 03:39 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
My fingers are sore. I bought 2 FW from EBAY awhile back and just getting around to cleaning them up. The first one was not to bad a couple of hours I it cleaned up and sewing like a champ. The second one was a different story. I used the Goop method and thought my DW had bought defective Goop. I rubed and rubed thought I had it cleaned then rubed some more. After about four hours the rags are staying clean, I didn't think there could be that much gunk on a FW. I put it back together wind a bobbin works great. I start to sew and it seems to run about half speed. Anyway I was hot and tired so I will let the oil soak in and try later. Any one have any sugestions as to the speed? I checked the brushes they are fine. I will look at it again tonight if it is not too hot.
Gary you need to get a flashlight, take the bottom plate off, turn the machine upside down and really check in and all around the bobbin, hook/race, everything. Those FW's were made so small and precise that a hair, usually it is thread, can cause them to really slow down or quit sewing entirely! Ask me how I know!

Nancy